Our curriculum is designed to fulfil our academy vision – to inspire, to raise aspirations and to create brighter tomorrows.
The curriculum at Wainwright aims to provide all of our children with the very best education, developing their head, heart and hand, through the highest expectations academically, core ethos and developing skills and dispositions so that our children are well prepared for the future, love learning and ultimately become happy and successful adults
- We work as a team and a family to ensure that our curriculum is inclusive and nurturing. Working alongside our families and our community.
- Our curriculum is inspirational. Children are inspired by what they learn. They have a thirst for learning. They value and celebrate true diversity and our curriculum reflects this.
- Our curriculum is aspirational in terms of knowledge taught and learnt. We aspire for our children to be knowledgeable about the world as knowledge is power.
- Our curriculum raises our children’s aspirations and empowers them to think of their future.
- Our enhanced curriculum goes beyond the classroom through a vast range of experiences and opportunities to learn and use new knowledge and build cultural capital, inspiring our children to experience new things, building their confidence and raising their self-esteem.
- Language, communication and vocabulary building is a core component of all areas in the curriculum.
- Exposing our children to quality texts which open up the literary world and the contexts, knowledge and vocabulary within them for our children.
- Being creative, inspiring, engaging and knowledge rich so that our children have a secure basis of knowledge needed to be active and educated citizens for a globally aware society.
- Being sequenced so that knowledge is retained, schemas are built and links are made to past and future learning.
- Addressing social disadvantage by ensuring all children are making a flying start during their early years of school and beyond, no matter what their starting points are.
- Ensuring our children knowledgeable about their community and beyond using the resources within it.
- Exposing our children to the best of what has been thought and said.
- Empowering them, raising their self-esteem and embedding values to facilitate their next steps in education and beyond.
- Nurturing their skills and talents.
- Giving our children the knowledge, skills and dispositions to thrive in the world.
- Equipping our children with the skills and strategies they need to facilitate their own learning.
Our curriculum by year group and subject
You can view our curriculum by year group and subject.
Our curriculum is fully inclusive for all pupils – we strive to ensure that all of our children’s needs are met.
More information can be found on our dedicated ‘SEND‘ page, you can also view our SEND and single equality policy on our policies page.
Find out more
If you require any additional information on our curriculum please contact us.